Effective July 1, 2018
Section 1. Modification of this Policy. We may make changes to this Policy from time to time in order to comply with changing legal or operational requirements. We will notify you of material changes to this Policy. Your continued use of the Services after any of such changes take effect will constitute acceptance of the same. If you do not accept such changes, please stop use our Services and/or interact with us through the Site.
Section 2. What Information We Collect. We may collect personally identifiable information ("Personal Information"):
1. Information you give us: any information you enter on our website or give us when you subscribe to the Site, including your name, date of birth, gender, address, e-mail address, phone number, account number assigned to you by the Site the initial date of subscription, the subscription method, the name of the entity through which you subscribe to the Site in order to provide the Services to you or you process cable service orders, and the payment method including credit card information if the case may be.
2. Automatic Information: non-personally identifiable information that we collect when you visit the Site or access the Site, such as: the type of browser you are using (e.g., Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Edge, safari, Firefox, etc.); the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Mac or PC); the IP address of any of your computer(s) which may be used to access the Site; certain information necessary for us to uniquely identify your computer(s) or smartphone/tablet; the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., Comcast, AT&T, Verizon, etc.); referring/exit pages; date/time stamp; click stream data; and pixel tags. In addition, when you visit the Site our servers automatically collect information describing your use of the Site, including content accessed by you, page/screen visits, length of time viewing a certain page or program, how the content is viewed, etc. We also use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses the Site or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of us.
3. Mobile: when you download or use apps created by us or any third party vendors, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off such location services.
4. E-mail Communications: in order to provide the Services to you and help us make our e-mails more useful and interesting, we may use the Personal Information to send you e-mail newsletter, offer promotional campaign/sweepstakes, and member registration. We often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from the Site if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, at the end of each email message, instructions on how to unsubscribe and be removed from our mailing list database are included.
5. Information From Other Sources: we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
6. Survey information: From time to time, we may perform a certain viewer survey to improve our programs and services from time to time, and in such event, you may be asked to voluntarily rate the content you view on the Site.
All Personal Information shall be transferred to, processed and stored in encrypted form by tvjapancables.net through the use of third-party storage. Please note that submissions and public posts, such as user critiques and comments that you make on our Site may contain your name and/or email address, and as a result your name and/or email address may appear on the Site. We may also automatically receive general information that is contained in our server log files such as your IP address and cookie information.
From time to time, tvjapancables.net may run certain promotional campaigns for subscribers and/or non-subscribers on different parts of the Site. Only persons who provide us with the requested personally identifiable information will be able to participate in such campaigns. Similarly, from time to time, different parts of our website may provide activities or services which can be used only by subscribers and/or non-subscribers, as the case may be, upon provision by such persons of requested personally identifiable information.
Section 4. Disclosure of Personal Information. We disclose your Personal Information only for the purposes described below:
Family of companies: We may share your information among our family of companies as needed for: data processing and storage; providing you with access to the Services; providing customer support; making decisions about service improvements, content development; and for other purposes described in the “How we use your Personal Information” section of this Policy.
Disclosure to Third Parties:
Promotional Offers: may offer joint promotions or programs that, in order for your participation, will require us to share your information with third parties. In fulfilling these types of promotions, we may share your name and other information in connection with fulfilling the incentive. Please note that these third parties are responsible for their own privacy practices.
Section 8. How we use non-personal information. We may collect, use, transfer and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. Non-personal information is information that we collect that does not permit direct association with you or any other specific individual. For instance, we may collect data from many customers, including without limitation, data on geographical location, but we do so without collecting any Personal Information. We might use such information for marketing purposes. We sometimes use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of the Site and to enable us to personalize your experience in using the Site. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyze Site usage, as well as to offer you products or services. The information we collect in connection with our online communities is used to provide an interactive experience. We use this information to facilitate participation in these online communities and, from time to time, to offer you products or services.
Section 9. Access to your Account. In order to provide you with ease of access to your account at www.tvjapancables.net and to help administer the Services related to tvjapancables.net, we may, in the future, decide to use technology that enables us to recognize you as the account holder and may provide you with direct access to your account without requiring you to retype any password or other user identification when you revisit the Site and use the Services. To remove access to the Site’s account from your devices: (a) visit tvjapancables.net on the Site and follow the instructions to deactivate your devices (note; deactivation may not occur immediately) or (b) delete your settings from your device (steps vary by device and the option may not be available on all devices). Where possible, users of public or shared devices should log out at the completion of each visit. If you do not maintain the security of your password or device, or fail to log out or deactivate your device, subsequent users may be able to access your account, including your personal information. If you share or otherwise allow others to have access to your account, they will be able to see your information (including in some cases personal information) such as your watch history, ratings, reviews and account information (including your email address or other information in your previously registered account).
Section 10. Unsubscribing. If at any time you wish to opt out of receiving promotional materials related to the Site, please contact us at tvjapancables.net Customer Service Center (1-877-987-3324). Please keep in mind that opting out of promotional materials will not prevent you from receiving transactional e-mail correspondence related to, without limitation, the Site or your registered account. You should note that in some instances, certain information or services can only be provided to you if personal information is provided. If you elect not to provide such information or opt out of having your information shared, you may not be able to receive certain content or information.
Section 12. Children’s Privacy. We may limit the use of some of our Services only to persons age 18 and older who may legally enter into contracts. We will inform you when a Service is limited to persons age 18 or older. Except where otherwise indicated, tvjapancables.net’s online Services are general audience sites not designed or intended for use by children under the age of 13. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time with their children online and to be fully familiar with the online services used by their children. Except where otherwise expressly indicated we do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child (who is under 13) has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us immediately at tvjapancables.net Customer Service Center (1-877-987-3324). We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
Section 13. How You can Access or Correct Information. For instructions on how you can access the personally identifiable information that the Site has collected about you online or how to correct factual errors in such information, please send your inquiry to us (Inquiry Form) or Call tvjapancables.net Customer Service Center. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to help verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
Section 14. Notice to California Residents. Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which our online service has disclosed certain personal information (as defined by California law) during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at tvjapancables.net Customer Service Center (1-877-987-3324). For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. You need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please note that we will not accept requests via telephone, email, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information. California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how tvjapancables.net responds to “Do Not Track” browser settings. tvjapancables.net does not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
Section 15. Location-based Services. We do not presently use location-based services, that is, providing the Services that do not depend on the real-time geographic location from which you access our Services. However, we may do so in the future. If we collect such information, it will be handled like other Personal Information under this Policy.
NHK Comomedia America, Inc. 100 Broadway, 15th Fl New York, NY 10005